Friday, August 12, 2005

Bittersweet



Leaving home has proved to be a tougher task than I had anticipated. I was/am so excited about beginning my new job and finding my way around baltimore that I forgot it would be really tough to say goodbye to my friends back in Michigan. Today was particularly tough; after spending a great week at junior high camp with some of the best counselors on the planet I realized how real it was that I would not be back for quite a while.

God is continually pressing forward in my life and I am thankful to have this bittersweet moment. I am sad that I will not see my friends for a while but I am looking forward to the great new people that I will meet when I arrive at the Deaf Shalom Zone. Carl and I leave early wednesday morning in order to meet Carol around 4pm at the church. I still have a lot of things to do before I go such as being a bridesmaid tomorrow, sending all my media mail, setting up a dentist apointment, and finishing up packing.

God has been working through music today in my life. When I got in the car after saying a sad goodbye to my friends the lyrics that were blarring on the radio were "I'm SO moving on! YEAH YEAH!" then later in the car while deep in thought another song came on that had the lyrics "I'm moving on, at last I can see, life has been patiently waiting for me." those were weird moments in my day.

I am off to bed to pray for the two years that lay ahead for myself, for the people at the deaf shalom zone, and for the people that I will not see for a while. I am thankful for everyone and everything in my life that has brought me to this point. night!

No comments:

Memoirs of a social justice missionary.