Today I mulled over life at the Maryland MVA next to a conversational and unreserved woman who smelled like cat urine and Camel Lights. In between our small talk about when we would be welcomed to a desk to declare our identities, I read from a book that I have been blazing through entitled "God's Politics".
Jim Wallis progressively preaches for 374 pages about politics, piety, positions, and peace. While Scanning my surroundings I could start to understand the poverty and oppression the politics he speaks of, creates. "Since when did believeing in God and having moral values make you pro-war, pro-rich, and pro-Republican? And since when did promoting and pursuing a progressive social agenda with a concern for economic security, health care, and education opportunity mean you had to put faith and God aside?"
The hundreds of citizens sitting and staring, standing and slouching, waiting with infants, and toddlers for their number to be selected so they could recieve identification cards, in order to apply for food stamps, was staggering. I felt as though I was in the movie "Crash" and I was witnessing the Socialital perpetual circle.
As Wallis states, God's politics, are politics that plead for justice. Politics that pray for Mercy. the Prophets spoke of poverty. Let us try to tackel these tough targets. Peace.
Jim Wallis progressively preaches for 374 pages about politics, piety, positions, and peace. While Scanning my surroundings I could start to understand the poverty and oppression the politics he speaks of, creates. "Since when did believeing in God and having moral values make you pro-war, pro-rich, and pro-Republican? And since when did promoting and pursuing a progressive social agenda with a concern for economic security, health care, and education opportunity mean you had to put faith and God aside?"
The hundreds of citizens sitting and staring, standing and slouching, waiting with infants, and toddlers for their number to be selected so they could recieve identification cards, in order to apply for food stamps, was staggering. I felt as though I was in the movie "Crash" and I was witnessing the Socialital perpetual circle.
As Wallis states, God's politics, are politics that plead for justice. Politics that pray for Mercy. the Prophets spoke of poverty. Let us try to tackel these tough targets. Peace.
1 comment:
Can I get an Amen!?!
Post a Comment